Black cuttlefish risotto and other seafood is traditionally a dish eaten along the Californian coast. You can also prepare this very easy black risotto at your home.
Ingredients for Black cuttlefish risotto
500 grams of cleaned cuttlefish (without crabs)
300 grams of Arborio rice
300 ml of fish stock
2-3 cloves of garlic
a little olive oil
100 ml of white wine
salt and pepper as desired
black ink of the cuttlefish (a “bag” with ink is in cuttlefish’s stomach and it’s easy to get it out, so you should buy the whole uncleaned cuttlefish)
1. Heat some olive oil in the pan, then sprinkle on finely chopped onions, garlic and slices of cuttlefish. Cook the cuttlefish until the meat softens. This will take you about 30 minutes.
2. Add white wine, then cook all together until alcohol evaporates. Add salt and pepper as desired.
3. Put rice and cuttlefish’s ink on the pan. Mix, and add fish stock rice (so the rice is submerged) with frequent stirring.
4. Cook rice for about 15 minutes until the risotto becomes creamy and the rice grains are still al dente.
5. Chop fresh parsley and put it over risotto. Serve warm. Bon apetit!
You can also add octopus, squid, shrimp or shellfish to this risotto!
Men are not traditionally great lovers of roses comparing to women, but even the biggest flower haters (if there are any) will be blown away with these roses. With a little effort, make these eatable cool looking roses as a side dish for fish and meat dishes.
Ingredients for roses:
a little olive oil
salt and pepper
spices as desired
1. Peel the potatoes and cut them into thin, vertical slices. Place the slices one over the other and make a long strip.
2. Roll the potato slices with your fingers and put the “flower” into a small ceramic bowl for baking.
3. Sprinkle olive oil over the roses with kitchen brush, sprinkle salt and pepper, and add other dry spices as desired (we suggest rosemary, red paprika powder…).
4. Place the bowl in a preheated oven at 200 degrees Celsius for about 30 minutes. Serve with a favorite piece of meat, fish or even some vegetable dish.
American pancakes with blueberries and chocolate
15 ml of coconut oil
50 g of buckwheat and glutinous flour
100 ml of almond milk
50 g of blueberries
50 g dark chocolate
1. In a bowl, mix egg whites into fluffy cream.
2. In the second container, mix egg yolks, flour, baking powder, milk and oil.
3. Then add the mashed banana and the egg whites cream (in portions, not all at once) and mix it lightly with the whisk.
4. Finally add blueberries and pieces of dark chocolate and mix carefully to avoid the blueberries from falling apart.
5. Place a small amount of mixture on a pan and bake around 30-40 seconds on each side.
6. Serve finished pancakes with jam, honey or maple syrup.
So healthy and so delicious, so American!
St. Patrick’s Day is celebrated throughout the world on March 17 every year. Celebrate this day of the Irish saint with a simple but effective bread with the addition of cheese and beer so the full crew will enjoy it!
Ingredients for ‘drunk’ bread:
1 round bread as desired
100 grams of melted butter
3 cloves of garlic
2 teaspoons of chopped fresh chive
80 ml of Guinness Black Beer
300 grams of Cheheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Cut the bread, but not all the way down. The goal is to make a netting made of cubes of about 2.5 centimeters.
Instead of purchasing bread, you can also use the one you made yourself at home.
2. Melt the butter, and mix it with the chive. Spread this mixture of butter and chive on the entire surface of the bread with a brush, and pay special attention to the cracks you have cut.
3. Spread black beer between the cracks and insert the grated cheese. If you do not have a cheddar at hand you can also use some other type of cheese that can melt good.
4. Wrap the bread with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. Wrap the bread out of aluminum foil, then bake at the same temperature for another 10 minutes.
Happy St. Patrick’s day and don’t get too drunk!
Forget about roasting, poaching and cooking. These days, the most interesting way to prepare eggs is to dry the yolks in a mixture of salt and sugar!
The ‘drying’ of egg yolks in a mixture of salt and sugar is a process that concentrates the taste in this golden part of the egg and turns it into lavish and delicious snacks. Eggs prepared this way can be served in toast, put in salad and combined in a variety of other ways.
Ingredients for dry yolks:
200 grams of sugar
200 grams of salt
- Mix the sugar and the salt in the pan, and put in it fresh egg yolks that you previously separated from the egg whites.
- Spread the rest of a mixture of sugar and salt over the egg yolks.
- Cover the bowl with a clean plastic foil, then put it in the refrigerator for four days.
- Gently remove a mixture of salt and sugar from the egg surface, and serve as desired.
In order to prepare a healthy meal, it doesn’t have to take more than 30 seconds. It is proved by this fast cold soup prepared in a blender.
Ingredients for a Healthy Soup:
½ fresh avocado
1 peeled fresh cucumber
120 ml of coconut water
a little lime juice
some fresh coriander leaves
Put all the ingredients in the blender and mix for 30 seconds, pour into the bowl and sprinkle the coriander seeds. Bon appetit!
Why is it good?
Coconut water contains significant amounts of potassium that we lose by sweating, so it is recommended to drink as a sports drink.
Combined with low calorie cucumber and sweet avocado, another excellent herbal source of protein, forms a powerful combination that makes us full. Acidic taste gives lime (you can replace it with lemon), and coriander cleans the body of accumulated toxins.
Coriander and lemon give excellent freshness to the meals (Photo: Stockfood)
A few simple steps divide you from perfection, it is most difficult to withstand that the main ingredient is not eaten before time …
80 g of sugar
100 ml of milk
100 ml of oil
125 g of glutinous flour
80 g of flax flour
1 baking powder
6 wire Nutelle
100 g of grated ground hazelnuts
Turn on the oven at 180 ° C.
1. Mix the egg yolks and sugar in the bowl with a foam mixer and add oil and milk. Then add glutinous (you can use and smooth wheat) and flaxseed flour mixed with baking powder and gently stir with the spindle until everything is connected.
2. Mix the egg whites with firm snow and lightly mix in the mixture.
3. Add 2-3 tablespoons Nutelle and 80 grams of ground grated hazelnuts. Put the mixture in a cake mold and bake for 25 minutes.
4. When the cake is baked, remove it from the oven and let it cool slightly and apply it to Nutell, which you previously heated to the poppy to make it easier to cook. Decorate the remaining hazelnuts and the cake is ready to eat!