The next time you eat a sweet watermelon, do not throw the bark, but use it to prepare delicious and simple dishes.
No one really likes it, or truth be told, no one knows they like it! It is a watermelon bark, or its white edge. Although the most delicious part of this sweet vegetable is the red and succulent heart, the watermelon bark can be equally tasty and interesting to prepare.
The next time you ‘destroy’ one sweet watermelon, do not throw bark, but use it to prepare delicious and simple dishes, ideal as summer refreshments, and these are 2 ways to do it.
Salad with watermelon (Photo: Stock Food)
– 1 sour cream
– 3 cloves of garlic
– Watermelon bark
– 1/2 cucumber
– 1 pepper
– 2-3 radishes
– Salt, pepper
– 1 tsp olive oil
– White vinegar or vinegar balsamic vinegar
1. Peel the watermelon bark and cut off any residue from the red, sweet piece.
2. Grate watermelon, cucumber, radish and pepper and chop garlic.
3. Place grated vegetables and garlic in a salad bowl and add salt, pepper and sour cream
4. Add olive oil and a little vinegar (if desired) and mix well, store it in the refrigerator to cool down and serve with the main course or eat it alone.
Cold soup of watermelon bark
– 1 slice of watermelon bark
– 1 smaller cucumber
– 200 ml of yogurt
– 1 to 2 cloves of garlic
– 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
– A pinch of dill
– 1 tablespoon of olive oil
– Salt, pepper
1. Peel the watermelon and cucumber and cut them into cubes.
2. Peel and chop the garlic.
3. Put the chopped vegetables, salt, pepper, lemon juice, oil and yogurt in the blender and mix it all together.
4. Serve soup in a bowl and season it with a little chopped dill.