Black cuttlefish risotto and other seafood is traditionally a dish eaten along the Californian coast. You can also prepare this very easy black risotto at your home.
Ingredients for Black cuttlefish risotto
500 grams of cleaned cuttlefish (without crabs)
300 grams of Arborio rice
300 ml of fish stock
2-3 cloves of garlic
a little olive oil
100 ml of white wine
salt and pepper as desired
black ink of the cuttlefish (a “bag” with ink is in cuttlefish’s stomach and it’s easy to get it out, so you should buy the whole uncleaned cuttlefish)
1. Heat some olive oil in the pan, then sprinkle on finely chopped onions, garlic and slices of cuttlefish. Cook the cuttlefish until the meat softens. This will take you about 30 minutes.
2. Add white wine, then cook all together until alcohol evaporates. Add salt and pepper as desired.
3. Put rice and cuttlefish’s ink on the pan. Mix, and add fish stock rice (so the rice is submerged) with frequent stirring.
4. Cook rice for about 15 minutes until the risotto becomes creamy and the rice grains are still al dente.
5. Chop fresh parsley and put it over risotto. Serve warm. Bon apetit!
You can also add octopus, squid, shrimp or shellfish to this risotto!