Crumble with apples is very similar to apple pie, but can also be made by someone not skilled in preparing dough. In this recipe, we have delicious apples combined with caramel and lemon.
Crumble or crunchy is a type of dessert that is prepared from roasted fruit and crushed dough, which has a taste like fruit pie. Because of its simple preparation it is especially intended for people who like sweets but are not skilled in preparing desserts.
Ingredients for apple crumble:
6 tablespoons of white sugar
1 vanilla bean
6 unpeeled apples
3 tablespoons of dried cranberries
grated lemon peel
juice of ½ lemons
For smeared dough:
100 grams of flour
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
50 grams of cooled butter
pinch of cinnamon
4 tablespoons of granola seed or muesli with nuts
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. During this time make a caramel in a small metal bowl.
2. Add white sugar, pinch of cinnamon, and seeds from vanilla bean, and let the mixture turn into a caramel. Do not mix the mixture, but shake the bowl occasionally.
3. Add three grated unpeeled apples to the caramel, stir and let it cook for a minute or two.
4. Then add the remaining three apples sliced to cubes, lemon peel and juice, and dried cranberries. Mix everything well and remove it from the stove.
5. Make a dough of flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and cubes of chilled butter. “Crumple” all ingredients with your fingers until you get a mixture like breadcrumbs, and then add the granola seeds or muesli.
6. Spread the crumbs over roasted apples and dried cranberries, then put it altogether in a preheated oven for about 12 to 14 minutes until the dough gets golden-brown.
7. Serve warm with sweet cream or ice cream.