The preparation of homemade sausages allows us to control the amount of spices, the type and quality of the meat and the complete taste of the finished product. With these sausages you just can not make a mistake.
To make homemade sausages you will need an extension for sausage preparation that can be put on ordinary household utensils like a mixer. Be sure to go to the local butcher to get animal hose, and above all, arm yourself with some will and patience.
It is desirable to use meat from the animal’s neck, because this muscle is often used to give a lot of flavor. Do not remove the fat from the meat because it will give you extra depth of taste. You will get the most flavor if you are grinding meat yourself at home, but you can also use the purchased minced meat.
Ingredients for pork sausage:
900 grams of minced pork
2 tablespoons salt
1 teaspoon of pepper
½ teaspoon of cumin
½ teaspoonful spicy paprika powder
1 tablespoon of grated garlic
1 tablespoon of apple vinegar
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
2 tablespoons red peppers powder
Pork filling hose for sausage
You can combine these sausages with any kind of stewed vegetables (Photo: stockfood)
1. Roughly grind the meat, add the spices to it. Do not overpress because you will lose the desired taste and texture.
2. Make a mixture of meat and spices the second time through a meat grinder.
3. The pork hose that you buy at the meat or in the grocery store are exceptionally salty so they need to be soaked in water before use.
The hose should then be threaded over the sausage filler.
Hose extraction and sausage making will be easier if the hose is damp. Firmly tighten the end of the hose to prevent it from tearing.
Make sure that the meat is cold all the time, so the making of the sausage is easier.
4. Place the meat in the sausage preparation machine and gently squeeze it until filling the hose, ie until you spend all of the meat. Cut the surplus of the hose and fold the other end of the sausage.
5. Avoid any pockets of air in sausages, then poke the sausage several times along the length with needle.
6. Bake them at moderate temperature on a pan or grill for about seven minutes on each side, then mix them with grated potatoes and sour cabbage, or anything else you like. Bon appetit!